Your survival in dungeons isn’t the only thing that matters in Cult of the Lamb. That’s because you still need to ensure that your devotees have proper nourishment. Here’s our Cult of the Lamb cooking guide to help you make different kinds of food so you can alleviate the hunger of your followers.
Note: We’ll have a Cult of the Lamb guides and features hub soon, so stay tuned.
Cult of the Lamb cooking guide – Making your own meals and alleviating follower hunger
You’ll start cooking in Cult of the Lamb fairly early on. This is when you’re told to build a Cooking Fire, and you’ll also need to gather some berries and grass in your camp.
Once you interact with the Cooking Fire, a simple minigame will start. Just make sure that you press the key when the slider is within the green section of the bar to successfully create a meal.
Note: For more information about ingredients, you can check our Cult of the Lamb farming and seeds guide.
Types of food
Food Ingredients Effects Grassy Gruel 5x Grass 25% chance to cause illness -5 faith Basic Berry Bowl 6x Berries 15% chance of pooping instantly Bowl of Poop 3x Poop 50% chance to cause illness -20 faith Minced Follower Meat 3x Follower Meat 5x Bones Default: 75% chance to cause illness With Cannibal trait: +5 faith; 25% chance to increase loyalty; 40% chance to stop dissent Mighty Meat Feast 4x Meat 1x Crab 1x Lobster 75% chance of dropping valuable resources Paltry Pumpkin Soup 4x Pumpkin 5% chance to cause illness and diarrhea Meager Mixed Meal 4x Berries 2x Minnow 2x Morsel 10% chance to increase loyalty Stringy Meat Gruel 3x Morsel 10% chance to increase exhaustion Pungent Fish Stew 3x Minnow 10% chance to cause illness Cheery Cauliflower Chowder 4x Cauliflower 25% chance of dropping valuable resources 5% chance to cause illness Tasty Fish Meal 3x Salmon 25% chance of dropping valuable resources 15% chance to vomit instantly Hearty Meat Broth 2x Meat 25% chance of dropping valuable resources 15% chance of pooping instantly Modest Mixed Meal 4x Pumpkin 2x Salmon 2x Meat 20% chance to increase loyalty Deadly Dish 1x Follower Meat 1x Poop 1x Grass 75% chance of dying instantly 100% chance of dropping valuable resources
Food recipes in Cult of the Lamb are unlocked as soon as you find the ingredients while exploring. At the start, you’ll probably just want to make the Basic Berry Bowl — not the Grassy Gruel and definitely not the Bowl of Poop. Just bear in mind that followers will likely poop afterward, so do some cleanup before heading into the dungeon.
The best way to manage hunger in Cult of the Lamb is by finding a balance between follower recruitment and the limited resources that you have. True, having more followers will easily help with Divine Inspiration and Sermons/combat upgrades. However, that will also take a toll on your resources, which means you’ll have to gather ingredients and cook repeatedly (not to mention doing some cleanup in case of diarrhea and vomiting).
There are also a few Rituals and Sustenance Doctrines that can aid you:
- Ritual Fast (Sustenance I) – Followers will not eat for three days (completely negates the hunger mechanic). However, you’ll lose 30 faith. Feasting Ritual (Sustenance I) – This is mutually exclusive with Ritual Fast. You’ll throw a grand feast for your followers to fill their bellies and gain 25 faith. Cannibal Trait or Grass Eater Trait (Sustenance II) – The former negates the penalties when NPCs eat Minced Follower Meat (they’ll even gain loyalty bonuses). The latter negates penalties when they eat Grassy Gruel. Ritual of the Ocean’s Bounty (Sustenance III) – Spawns double the amount of fish for two days; special fish will be more common. You also gain 10 faith. Ritual of the Harvest (Sustenance III) – This is mutually exclusive with the Ritual of the Ocean’s Bounty. It will make all planted seeds ready for harvest.
Cult of the Lamb is available via Steam.